PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
BAKE TIME: 20 MINUTES
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
For the cake; 75g unsalted butter, softened.
½ cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup soft flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp Skin Gorment hibiscus powder
1 tsp vanilla essence for the hibiscus condensed milk syrup
¾ cup milk
1 tsp Skin Gorment hibiscus powder
1 cup condensed milk
• In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
• Add the egg, buttermilk, whisk and set aside.
• Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, hibiscus powder and pour into the butter mixture.
• Stir into a smooth batter then add the vanilla essence and stir in.
• Grease the mini bundt pans (or any cake pan of your choice) with butter spray and fill ¾ of the pan.
• Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160c for 20 minutes.
• Take out and let cool off completely on a rack.
For the hibiscus condensed milk syrup;
• Mix the milk with hibiscus powder and let it sit for 10 minutes before straining. (turns purple when mixing)
• Add condensed milk to the strained milk mixture, stir till it dissolves
• Drizzle the hibiscus condensed milk mixture on the cake.
• Hibiscus cake ready to serve. Garnish with strawberry, raspberry and mint leaves. (optional)