Just like other skin-loving sources of healthy fatty acids — such as raw shea butter — cocoa butter is great for naturally healing dry, sensitive skin. Cocoa and Shea butter are both awesome products we love. Many of you have been asking the difference in use and benefits of both. So, here’s a detailed summary we hope you enjoy!
- Cocoa butter and Shea butter both have hydrating elements
- They both can be used to treat chapped lips or dry skin
- Both provide anti-ageing properties.
- Cocoa and Shea butter can be used to soothe burns and heal the skin
- Both kinds of butter can be used to treat rashes.
- Cocoa butter has a tropical smell while Shea butter gives off a mild fragrance
- Shea butter blends well with other scents as compared to Cocoa butter that can overpower other scents.
- Cocoa butter can be used for cooking but Shea butter is used topically on skin, not for cooking.